Copyright ©2007 AMROOD
AMDOCS Placement Test Paper
- Exam Place : Pune
- Date : 30-12-2005
- Submitted By : Abhishek Nair, Pune
- Rating : 4 out of 5
AMDOCS test had 2 sections
1. Aptitude consist of 4 sections n consisted of diagrammatic reasoning n non
2. Technical test consisted of 4 sections each of pseudo code, c ,unix and SQL all
tests r computer based
The tests were :
1. Analytical reasoning: maths
2. Diagrammatic reasoning: In this, we were given 8 diagrams and had to select
the 9th corresponding diagram from the givn choices. U have to be very fast in this test.
3. Problems to be solved using Venn diagrams.
4. This test was to check our adaptation to the computer screen.We had to solve
about 30 qs in 15 min. U have to be very very fast in this also .
5. In this test we were given a booklet of about 7-8 pgs in which there was the
syntax of some hypothetical lang, ( its syntax was somewhat like Visual Basic). This was very
easy since the whole syntax was given to u can refer to it. We were given almost 90-120mins
for this test. If u want u can rd the booklet before the start of the test. The qs consisted of
programs for which u have to find the o/p or where there is wrong syntax etc.
6. C test: Study pointers very well .Visit www.c4swimmers.esmartguy.com that
helps you to test the C/C++ programming strengths. It also consists of qs on args of main function,
i.e. argc and argv
7. SQL test: It consisted of sql queries mainly inner join, outer join ,group by
8. Unix test: kernel, 1-2 qs on TCP/IP, basic commands ( more on commands).
Analytical test1. All birds are animals. All animals are four legged. Implications
a. All animals which are four legged are birds.
b. All birds are four legged
c. Some birds are four legged
d. Some birds are animals but not four legged.
1. a and b 2. b and c 3. only b 4. only d
2. All fat people are not dancers, food loving people are all fat .Find the
3. The day before yesterday was WEDNESDAY then the day after tomorrow is?
4. Mary's father's brother is Andrews Andrews daughter's son is Sunil Brothers
name is Sam Who is Sam to Sunil?
5. If A>B, A<C, B>D, B<D Find the Shortest?
6. There are A, B teachers and C, D doctors. Find the possible no of combinations
that should not be repeated more than once?
7. There are 3 males and 2 females, find the possible no of orders that can be
made by making the arrangement as in between two males one women is allowed to sit?
8. The syntax of command statement in UNIX 10. If the permission for a file
is 000,then the file can be accessed by whom?
9. Where we can run two same programs on a UNIX console at the same time?
10. Which is the Shell of UNIX?
11. What is the number of the masked code ee@?
12. If we are terminated at the middle of the program execution in UNIX, what
will happen to the program, it will (i) continue running (ii) terminate (iii) the o/p will be send to your
13. What is the command to connect to remote terminals
14. What is the command to fetch first 10 records in a file
15. Unix has the following features
16. We are UPDATING a field in SQL and ALTER the row also. After giving the
COMMIT command the system is crashed. What will happen to the commands given, whether it will UPDATE and
ALTER the table or not?
17. How will add additional conditions in SQL?
C Programming Test18. How will u print TATA alone from TATA POWER using string copy and concatenate
commands in C?
19. If switch(n)
What will be printed?
20. How will u divide two numbers in a MACRO?